“Give me the Cadbury Mini Eggs & nobody gets hurt”
Death by colour. Like the the orb-weaving spiny spider utilizes its colourful stripes to tempt unsuspecting prey into its web, the pretty pastels of Cadbury Mini Eggs beckon & entice droves of innocent shoppers to their perfectly placed shelf space each & every single Easter season. Myself VERY much included. So with Cadbury coursing through my veins “I couldn’t help but wonder” if there were a new & unqiue way to enjoy these cavity-causing delights. **lightbulb** ICE CREAM. Read below for our Cadbury Mini Egg Ice Cream recipe!
Easter Desserts: Cadbury Mini Egg Ice Cream
Last Easter I experimented with Mini Egg Cheesecake from the blog Adriana Loves Food – you can find it HERE – & it was TRULY incredible! My family absolutely LOVED it & if you are a cheesecake fan than this is definitely the recipe for you!
I wanted to do something a little bit different this year, & since Andrei loves making homemade ice cream it all kind of made sense to do a mini-egg variety. Here’s what you’ll need!
- 2 cups organic milk
- 1 cup organic cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 organic egg yolks
- 1 cup of Cadbury Mini Eggs – chopped & crushed
- Cadbury Mini Eggs *** For garnish
What to Do
- Mix egg yolks with sugar in a mixer until fully blended
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add in the milk & cream bring to 170 F (stir occasionally)
- Temper egg & sugar mixture with milk, & add to the sauce pan
- Bring mixture to 180 F (stir continuously for 10 mins).
- Cool this mixture in the fridge overnight.
- Add mixture to ice cream maker; add in crushed Mini Eggs
- Allow the ice cream maker to work its magic!!! You want to keep the mixture in the ice cream maker until it reaches a nice, rich & creamy texture!
- Once done, add to a glass container, cover with lid & add to the freezer for a couple of hours before serving!
Have you ever made Cadbury Mini Eggs?!