“A pear is a failed apple”
I somehow manage to make everything that is healthy NOT healthy. Perhaps a blog name re-brand is in order? Case in point: dipping these perfectly healthy, fibre & antioxidant rich apples into a piping hot bowl of liquid sugar & then proceeding to top them with crushed candies. AKA cavity on a stick. But they taste… fantastic! Not to mention, these are the PERFECT dessert for Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, Halloween & literally every other fall-related celebration that basics could possibly ever dream up. Also – now we all have further motivation to fuel this years’ trip to the apple orchard that doesn’t entail forced candids to garner likes on Instagram. EnJOY.
The Perfect Fall Dessert – Caramel Apple Slices
This is quite possibly THE easiest fall dessert you could ever make, which is perfect for when you’re hosting larger groups! I’m also a major fan of foods that won’t distract from your hosting duties… because seriously what’s the point of hosting your friends if you’re holed up in the kitchen the entire time right? Right! This will literally take all of five minutes to assemble after dinner so you will asbolutely be able to maximize your time spent with friends & family! PLUS your guests will have so much fun creating their own dessert – it’s like a fun, little interactive eating experience. NOMZ.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Sliced Organic Apples – I mean let’s try & make this somewhat healthy right?
- Caramel Sauce Packet – because nobody has time to make homemade caramel sauce when hosting a gajillion people. That task is reserved solely for unicorn humans.
- A variety of candies of your choosing; crushed
What to Do
- Follow the instructions on your caramel sauce packet
- Meanwhile, skewer each apple slice & set them aside onto a tray
- Arrange the crushed candies into seperate bowls and place them onto your counter or designated “caramel apple bar” space
- Once the caramel sauce is nice & hot, pour it into a bowl & place it beside the crushed candies!
- Have your guests pick up their skewers, dip them in the caramel sauce & sprinkle crushed candy on top! EASIEST DESSERT EVER!
Will you be giving this a try this fall?!