“Lets not spend New Year’s Eve trying to figure out where to spend New Year’s Eve”
The bedazzled invites have been delivered, the sparkly ensembles purchased, & the overly indulgent recipe concoctions have surely been tested. Yes, New Years’ Eve is definitely upon us & when it comes to hosting what is arguably the biggest soiree of the year, there are a few tried-&-true party hacks to help you ring in the New Year in style… sans all the stress!
NYE Hosting 101: An Elegant (Yet Totally Whimsical) DIY Cocktail & Bubbly Bar!
Hosting on New Years’ Eve is HARD & stressful… & did I mention hard? There is SO much unnecessary pressure that comes with hosting on NYE that it can really put a major damper on the hosts’ experience which is just no bueno in my opinion. As a host you’ve likely agonized for WEEKS over the tiniest of party details to ensure that absolutely everything is seamless on the “Big Night“, so it’s therefore only fair that you actually get to enjoy the fruits of your labour, correct?!
I therefore thought I’d share a SUPER easy DIY that takes care of BOTH the decor & the cocktails all in one to make your party just that much easier to manage.
The quintessential spread on New Years’ Eve generally consists of one or more of the following: glamorous cocktails, bubbly champagne, candy, chocolate & of COURSE some form of gold decor/food integration of the sort. So why not combine all of the above elements into one elevated party experience that will surely take your New Years Eve soiree to the next level?!
A DIY Cocktail & Bubbly Bar is an effortlessly chic way to create an interactive food & drink experience that all of your guests will enjoy! It’s totally unique, & allows you & your guests to play with different flavour combinations throughout the evening… as opposed to sticking to just one signature cocktail! Not to mention, a DIY Cocktail & Bubbly Bar will totally act as the decor centrepiece for your soiree so there’s also THAT.
Cocktails, CHECK. Decor, CHECK.
Here’s What You’ll Need…
- Candy Dishes – These glass dessert bowls are equal parts elegant and adorable! They’re the perfect size for a Cocktail Bar, & add a nice modern, chic twist.
- Cocktail and Wine Glasses, or Champagne Flutes – The more bedazzled… the better! It IS New Years after-all, & glitter is undoubtedly an absolute MUST! The wine glasses from the Stardust Collection or the Love Knots Champagne Flutes by Vera Wang couldn’t be more perfect for this particular occasion! They’re both incredibly whimsical & will add just the right amount of sparkle to your Cocktail Bar!
- A variety of Candies, Chocolate & Seasonal Fruits – Okay so this one is all about personal taste, but be sure to add a little variety! Add elements that are sweet, sour, salty & even savoury, to ensure that you have a little something to appeal to everyone’s palette! Plus, it’s just plain fun to mix & match! Hot Tip: Brands like Surf Sweets offer up healthy & natural alternatives to your conventional candies, you can check them out HERE or shop them at Ambrosia! ALSO be sure to add seasonal, festive fruits like organic Pomegranate or organic clementines to really help get people in the mood!
- Additions to consider: You want your Cocktail Bar to read “FUN”, so be sure to incorporate a couple different elements to help achieve that! This Pineapple Gold Crown Canister in white, or these Wish Tealite Holders are some really great playful pieces that will help add a little depth to your bar!
- Cover a table or your designated bar area with a tablecloth (I’m thinking black, gold, or white will work PERFECTLY) & add gold or bedazzled napkins
- Simply arrange your fruit/candy filled dessert bowls along this table
- Fill the empty spaces with playful pieces – like the pineapple canister, tealites, candles & perhaps even a fun chalkboard with Champagne Bar instructions!
- Set up your glasses to the right or left of your dishes… & voila! Easy peasy, yet so elegant!
Will you be trying this out on New Years Eve?!