“You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food”
This month’s Meatless Meals feature is essential oils educator & lifestyle guru extraordinaire Elisabeth Ensor… AKA Lizzy! I connected with Lizzy via Instagram a couple of years ago & am still continuously blown away by her perfectly, lovely posts – if you’re her follower, you’ll know what I’m talking about! Enjoy Lizzy’s meal everyone!!
Lizzy’s Slow Cooker Autumn Squash Soup:
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 3 small-medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 4 green onions (white parts only!)
- 1 small-medium apple (chopped)
- 2.5 cups veggie broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Savory dried herb
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Add veggie stock, sweet potato, apple, squash and spices to crock pot. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Use an immersion blender and add coconut milk. Or add 1/2 the soup and 1/4 cup coconut milk to Vitamix, blend on high until creamy.
- Transfer to bowls.
- Blend the rest or soup and 1/4 cup coconut milk and put back in crock pot to stay warm.
- Top with cilantro (or even pumpkin seeds!) serve warm and with sea salt.