“Drink up witches”
The single best day of the whole entire year is a mere four days away… I seriously wish I could just press pause on this whole situation called life & soak up every single last ounce of this haunting time of the month. Alas, the powers of Click are regrettably reserved solely for Adam & the big screen, & I’m left attempting my very best to bask in all of Hallows Eve glory whilst it’s still socially acceptable to… because I literally celebrate Halloween all year round! SO, why not raise a glass to all things horrifying with these three Spook-tacular “Spirits”… do you see what I did there?
I’ve served the below cocktails at past Halloween dinner parties & they were a MAJOR hit! One is more sophisticated & generally fall appropriate/themed, while the other two are SUPER aesthetically displeasing & gory… yet SO yummy!
Let me know if you give these a go over the weekend, I would LOVE to hear how they all turned out!!
1. Human Blood ** This one is inspired by my absolute IDOL Jillian Harris!! LOVED the concept, but I wanted to re-vamp the recipe a bit & create a “better for you” option sans the ice cream… but you can check out the original recipe HERE.
- 2 tablespoons of Crofter’s Organic Strawberry OR Raspberry Fruit Spread (in place of simple syrup) – I purchased mine from Ambrosia Natural Foods
- Zevia Lemon Lime Twist – contains zero calories, no artificial flavours & more importantly ZERO aspartame!! This soda is naturally sweetened with Stevia – it’s honestly SO good & more than does the trick when you have a soda craving!!
- Desired Alcohol
- Vampire Teeth
- Red Edible Gel – mix honey with a splash of either PURE pomegranate juice, PURE beet juice OR beet powder
- Fill two separate cups with ice
- Add the fruit spread to the glass
- Add desired alcohol *** Note: This drink is JUST as good without the alcohol, it makes for the most perfect refresher!!!
- Fill the remainder of glass with the Zevia Lemon Lime Twist
- Place a straw through each set of vampire teeth & put them into your cocktail!
- Rim your glass with red edible gel
2. Apple Cider Mimosas
- Sparkling white wine
- Apple cider
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Add two parts sparkling white wine & one part apple cider to a champagne flute
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks
- Serve! This is such a great, SIMPLE, little festive twist on your standard mimosa with orange juice (not that mimosas are “standard” by any stretch, but you get what I’m saying!!!!)
3. Worm Juice
- Surf Sweets Gummy Worms – These candies are made with organic fruit juices, fortified with your daily dose of vitamin C & FREE of corn syrup, artificial colours & the top ten allergens!PLUS, they’re on sale at Ambrosia until October 31st!
- Zevia Lemon Lime Twist
- Desired alcohol
- A shot of all natural orange juice
- Pour all ingredients into a glass over ice
- Add a couple of worms for garnish each drink
Will you be sipping on these over Halloween Weekend?!