“Hot chocolate is like a hug from the inside”
Welcome to quite possibly the easiest (& most delicious) recipe on the entire planet. Yes friends, all of your dreams are about to come true with this two-ingredient, homemade hot chocolate. YUM. My boyfriend used to make this for me ALL the time at the cottage, but he’s recently given up sugar so I had to fly solo on this one & let me tell you… the results were JUST as fabulous!
Homemade Hot Chocolate
What makes this hot chocolate a little different? So today we’re using organic, fair-trade chocolate with almond milk to help make this sweet treat as clean as possible!! I used the award-winning, ethical chocolate brand Chocolate and Love – dark chocolate with caramel & sea salt (they have a PLETHORA of amazing flavours). Not only does this brand use organic, fair-trade ingredients but they also work with an amazing reforestation organization called Weforest.org! You eat chocolate, they plant trees!! Win-win situation for everyone involved!
**Quick Tip: to make this hot chocolate vegan friendly, simply replace with a vegan chocolate bar!
- 1/4-1/2 of a 3.5oz chocolate bar (depending on how chocolate-y you like it… you may have to experiment a bit)
- 2/3-1 cup of almond milk (again depending on how strong you like your flavours)
- Break the chocolate bar into smaller chunks
- Allow chocolate to melt in a saucepan on low to medium heat
- Start to whisk in almond milk
- Continue to stir until hot chocolate is at desired temperature
- Serve! That’s it mis amigos…. enjoy!
Are YOU going to try this homemade hot chocolate?!