What if I told you that you could get an instant face lift for about a nickle? Absolutely terrifying prospect.. sounds like I’m sending you to some back alley pop up cosmetic surgeon’s clinic, thankfully however that’s not the case. Today’s blog post is a DIY egg white face mask designed to moisturize, lighten and repair your skin without chemical or toxic fillers that are prevalent in today’s overpriced and underwhelming products. Sure, the results won’t be as drastic or effective as botox & surgery but I guarantee you’ll feel the difference in your skin immediately, not to mention you’ll be saving a TON of money.
Ancient Beauty Technique?
Egg whites have been an essential & natural ingredient in skin beauty treatments for thousands of years, dating back to the Chen Dynasty in China 600 BC. Zhang Lihau, Imperial Consort of the Chen Dynasty was marveled at by many & her beauty was often compared to that of the goddesses. So how does one look like a goddess you ask? EGG WHITES! Consort Zhang is the first known human being to apply egg whites to the face& neck areas to tighten & hydrate the skin. Fun fact: my mom has also been using this trick for years (although not ancient) & she is one hot mama… true story all of my guy friends have a huge crush on her 😉 So what are we waiting for! Time to get beautified.
1 organic egg white (could it be any more simple?)
1. In a small bowl whisk egg white until it becomes a bit foamy or frothy (NOTE: if possible before doing this place your head over a bowl of hot water with a towel covering you. The steam will help to open up pores so the mask can be more effective.. if not don’t worry about it!)
2. Apply the egg whites to your face& neck area. Be sure not to get the egg whites in your eyes or mouth. Nobody is a fan of Salmonella.
3. Let the mask sit for 10-15 minutes. The goal is to have it harden on your face.
4. Wipe the egg white off your face with a warm, damp cloth.
5. Snapchat all of your friends to show them how fab you look! 😉
Alterations for different skin types
The above recipe works just fine on its own & I happen to repeat with just the egg white once a month However if you’re looking for something a bit more specific to your skin type needs try out some of the below:
For Oily or Acne prone skin: Add the juice from half of a lemon (will not only prevent breakouts but will brighten the skin as well. Lemon is also a great source of vitamin C)
For Irritated Skin: Add 1 tsp of honey (honey has mild antiseptic & antibacterial qualities & is able to encourage the regeneration of new tissue)
For Dry Skin: Add 1/4 of an avacado, 1 tsp of honey, and 1 stp of coconut or almond milk. (avocados contain vitamins A, E, C, & K all of which are beneficial to your skin. Wonderful for hydration!)
And while you’re at it light up some candles & throw on some spa sounds on youtube! I’m such a fan of pampering yourself &I think it’s really important. Take the time for just15 minutes a week, it’ll be great to decrease the stress and lower that blood pressure! ENJOY!