“A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey”
Winnie the Pooh
Bring on the chestnuts, tacky tinsel & ugly sweaters because holiday season is fast approaching people!! I can already hear those sleigh bells a ‘ringing. I love all things associated with the holidays, but I especially love all of the accompanying seasonal flavours! In my opinion food is absolutely synonymous with the holidays & one of my favourite “cold weather” beverages happens to be hot water with lemon & honey. However this year, I wanted to give it more of a festive twist! ENJOY!
DIY Honey Infusions
There’s simply nothing better than curling up on the couch with a book & hot beverage during the colder months. Coziness is key & this little DIY project will definitely give you ALL the “warm fuzzies” this holiday season!
- 1 Cup of Honey
- 3-4 slices of Clementine
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped Ginger
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Mason Jar with lid
- Add cinnamon sticks, chopped ginger, and Clementine into the mason jar
- Pour in one cup of honey
- Seal with a lid and store in the fridge
- Allow mixture to sit for 24 hours before use – the longer it sits, the stronger the flavour!
- To use: simply stir a heaping tablespoon into a hot cup of boiling water or tea… also amazing for those days when you’re feeling a little under the weather!
- Voila! ENJOY!
These could also make for a really fun DIY stocking stuffer!
What are some of YOUR favourite holiday flavours?!