“Be thankful for what you have. Your life, no matter how bad you think it is, is someone else’s fairy-tale”
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I hope that you’re all having an incredible weekend celebrating with friends & loved ones… I know I sure am! We’ve escaped up North to the family cottage for this oh so festive holiday & I couldn’t be happier or more relaxed. But if you’re anything like my family, we tend to have a TON of leftovers after the weekend so this year, I tried to get a little creative with the canned pumpkins & make a DIY face mask! ENJOY!
DIY Pumpkin Face Mask
This face mask was inspired by make-up & beauty blogger Michelle Phan, however I swapped a few ingredients (ie oats for the almonds & coconut oil for the olive oil). I love all things coconut oil & use it on the daily in place of traditional beauty products (makeup remover, toner etc), so I wanted to test it out in this mask too… it felt amazing! Can’t wait for you guys to give it a go!
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 2.5 tablespoons of ground oats
- 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl & stir well with a spoon
- Apply to skin & leave on for 20-30 minutes (Note: this mask can be pretty messy when applying! Be sure to watch out for drips!)
- Rinse with warm water
What do YOU do with your leftovers?!